I am incredibly fortunate to have the most amazing friends. Really and truly, they take the friendship cake and all deserve a reward for their awesomeness.
God has placed friends in my path to support and encourage, to make me laugh, to lift my family up in prayer. These friendships have sustained me and blessed me beyond measure.
I read an article in this month’s edition of MomSense, written by Tracey Bianchi, that struck a chord in my heart. She described the qualities present in her closest friendships. I love what she shared:
- We mutually need each other and can safely share our broken places.
- We can disagree without hurting each other.
- We know the worst about each other and still like each other.
- We are for each other, not critical of each other.
- We hug hope and God’s promises into each other.
- We are both better because of our friendship.
- Maybe most importantly, we know we can’t always do and be all this for each other, so we easily forgive — and carry on.